Friday, October 22, 2010

Three Little Birds

Recently my 15 year old was injured in a junior varsity football game.  As a Sophomore, his taste of the turf comes on JV game days rather than under the glare of the Friday Night Lights. JV games are a different vibe, different crowd, different feel.  While I love the Friday night games, I suppose I enjoy the JV nights more. There is a wonder on those nights as the boys learn and put to use all the things they learned during the summer practices.  Pee wee and junior high are all about learning the fundamentals.  High school is where it all comes together. It's also where the injuries are more likely to happen.  After a trip to an ortho doctor where two days of tests revealed fractured ribs and a severly bruised calf, my kid is pacing the sidelines for six weeks.  In effect, the rest of the season.  That's a difficult thing for a teenager to deal with so I tried to be positive and supportive without being too ... mom.  When the final verdict was handed down and we were on our way home I was inspired.  No one can stay down long when Three Little Birds by Mr. Bob Marley is blaring out of the speakers.  We had a moment, my kid and me ... and that moment has kept him motivated over the past couple of weeks.  It also inspired the title of my blog, because when you look at the bigger picture, it's all gonna be alright ...

No comments:

Post a Comment